Sunday, January 23, 2022

Back to blog

I had been doing pretty well with my previous blog. Try as I might I cannot log back in. Kinda bummed because I loved that blog name, but oh well. Here it is if you're interested. https://adventuresinkiwiing.blogspot.com Life has changed a lot and I've found myself in Oregon. I spent the first 15 months of the pandemic living with my cat. I wish I'd written more during that time. It was surprisingly interesting having that much time alone! I painted more. I felt relaxed more often, except when I needed to go out. In May of 2021 I accepted an offer of spending a day with a man. And now I'm a step parent, with an extra cat, a dog, and an accidental gecko. I started my career over again, which feels hard in a pandemic. I'm trying to make friends, as an adult, during a pandemic. It's fucking hard. And I think we all need friends more than ever. The isolation and distance we all have had for almost two full years. I'm an introvert, but I miss going out for a beer, people watching, and having deep conversations with people whose names I'll never know. We're all in this deep state of grief and expected to go along as though everything is fine.

No comments: